Your little one will enjoy making their very own Mother’s Day card while getting their hands dirty (in this case, feet). Free PDF Printable Included!
Free Mother's Day Butterfly Kisses Printable
I love making hand and footprint art with the kids. It always seems to be a huge hit with my grandkids. With Mother’s Day approaching, this is a great opportunity to bring out the paints and have some fun with the kids.
This Butterfly Kisses Mother’s Day Card is very sweet!
Easy to do, a great little keepsake, Splendid Springtime Activity and Perfect for Mother’s Day! This requires a little planning. An older child can step with two feet ‘back to front’ but younger children need help.
- Print your file on card stock.
- Paint the bottom of the child’s foot, and feel free to overlap the colors, as it will make a third color on the finished project.
- Carefully set the child’s foot down to the right of the butterfly’s body, then press down on their foot to stamp their footprint to the paper.
- Carefully lift their foot up.
- Wait for the paint to dry, then fold the paper in half along the crease line, then gently press it down as the crease to form the card.
- Write your own special message inside.
Good To Know
Acrylic paint is safe for children over the age of three. The paint is non-toxic when used for specific craft projects, like painting on canvas. Young toddlers or babies should stick to using other craft paints. What paint is bad for skin? Acrylic paint is not safe for your face. Wash your child's skin with soap and water after using on their feet.
Make Moms Day the best by giving her a beautiful Butterfly Kisses Mother’s Day Card keepsake she will cherish.