Little Blog Big Savings may earn a small commission at no cost to you via affiliate links including Amazon. All deals within this site are Limited Time Offers and are subject to change without notice. Affiliate Disclosure
These beautiful Halloween Rose Cookies are simple to make which is pretty important during the rush of all the holidays bring. You will love the vibrant fall colors that will add a special edible decor to your table of treats.
Halloween Rose Cookies
Makes: 20 Cookies
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- parchment paper
- 3 drops orange food gel
- 1 drop purple food gel
- 5 drops black food gel
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine butter, sugar, egg and extract in mixer.
- Blend at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour and salt, and blend at low speed until well mixed.
- Divide and use food coloring by mixing in each color. Three drops of orange in one set of dough. One drop of purple in the other set of dough.
- In a stand mixer, mix together 5 drops black dye with cream cheese. Whip it well and set aside for cookie filling.
- To make the cookies, insert a 1M tip into pastry bag. Fill bag with cookie dough. Do this for each color. Warming the piping bag with your hands will help to pipe out the cookies. Do this in a rotated motion on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly golden. Remove to a cookie rack and let cool. Once cool fill with whipped cream cheese.
Perfect for Halloween but also any holiday like birthdays and anniversaries. Simply color coordinate your frosting to your celebration event.
Little Blog Big Savings Comments
We love comments from readers, so chime in with your thoughts below! We do our best to keep this blog upbeat and encouraging, so please keep your comments cordial and kind