Little Blog Big Savings may earn a small commission at no cost to you via affiliate links including Amazon. All deals within this site are Limited Time Offers and are subject to change without notice. Affiliate Disclosure
These Fun Oreo Frog Cupcakes are so cute with edible eyes, heart tongues and pretzel legs! Adorable and Green, these tasty frogs feature everyone’s favorite cookie, Oreo!
Oreo Frog Cupcakes
One of my favorite things to do is surprise my grandkids with some super fun treats. These Delicious Oreo Frog Cupcakes are budget friendly and are made with every kid’s favorite cookie, OREO!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix + the additional ingredients per directions on the box.
Note: Feel free to make your own cupcakes from scratch but this is just easier.
- Blue buttercream frosting in a piping bag with a large cut tip
- Pink or red buttercream frosting in a piping bag with a very small cut tip
- 3 oz white melting chocolate or wafers (almond bark also works well)
- ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil
- Green oil-based food coloring
- Twist pretzels (You will need two pretzels per frog cupcake)
- Oreo cookies, any flavor, 1 per frog (I prefer the Golden Oreos. They are easier to hide under the green food coloring)
- Sugar decorator candy eyes, 2 per frog
- Black sugar sprinkles or sanding sugar
- Sugar Babies candies
Take your cake mix and add the ingredients it asks for. Fill your muffin tips cups 2/3 full of batter and bake per the box instructions. Let them cool completely.
Melt the white chocolate with the coconut oil and the oil baked food coloring together. Stir until well combined.
Dip pretzels in chocolate to cover completely
Place on a wax paper lined tray as shown, the bottom of each pretzel should be touching
Dip the one cookie in chocolate to cover completely
Place on top of the pretzel “legs”, centered
Add the eyes to each frog
Place remaining melted chocolate in a piping bag with a very small cut tip and place small bumps behind the eyes of each frog
Sprinkle on each frog a little black sugar sand to create depth and texture
Place the tray of frogs in the refrigerator to set
Pipe a smooth flat swirl of blue buttercream on each cupcake
Place the frog on top
Place Sugar Babies candies on top of toothpicks to create reeds
Place them on cupcake behind the frog for an additional visual pond look.
Add extra touches like the tongue and little flowers with remaining frosting in pipping bags.
Your Oreo Frog Cupcakes are now finished.
Serve and enjoy.
Little Blog Big Savings Comments
We love comments from readers, so chime in with your thoughts below! We do our best to keep this blog upbeat and encouraging, so please keep your comments cordial and kind