I made Betty White’s Sticky Chicken Wings and am I am impressed! If you haven’t tried these chicken wings, you are missing out.
Betty White Sticky Chicken Wings
Betty White’s Sticky Chicken Wings are the best I have ever tasted. Serve up these delicious chicken wings for your next game day party. Family and friends will be begging for the recipe. Thanks Betty!
Betty White may be best known for her comedic work on The Golden Girls and other hit movies and shows, but she also has a mouth-watering chicken wing recipe. The TV legend has used the recipe since the 60s, and those that follow it swear by it.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) (I used it)
- Arrange wings in shallow baking pan.
- Heat butter, soy sauce, sugar, water mustard and garlic powder if using, until butter and sugar melt in a small pot on the stove.
- Cool and then pour over wings and marinate at least 2 hours, turning once or twice. (I placed my in the fridge while waiting)
- Bake in same pan (uncovered) at 375F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
I wanted to brown my wings more so after 1 1/2 hours in the oven, I ladled out half of the remaining marinade and placed the wings back in the oven for 10 minutes to help give them a darker color.
Betty White’s Sticky Chicken Wings are amazing. I cannot express it enough. It has only been a few short months since I started making this Betty White’s Sticky Chicken Wings recipe and I have made it A LOT! So Good! It is just one of those recipes that you end up craving on a regular basis.