For breakfast or dessert, these Bakery Style Jumbo Chocolate Chip Scones will delight your taste buds straight out of the oven. Serve up to your family and friends for Sunday brunch.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Scones
A good scone with a good cup of coffee. I made a batch of these which I took to work, because I wanted to spread the love, and let me tell you these babies were a success. These Jumbo Chocolate Chip Scones were gone in no time.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift 2 cups of flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift baking powder and sugar into the mixing bowl.
- Discard any lumps!
- Give the dry ingredients a good stir to make sure they are all well mixed.
- Grate 4 tablespoons of butter with a cheese grater, grating directly into the dry mixture.
- Stir everything up, making sure the butter incorporates into the mix, but you do not need to heavily mix yet!
- Now add 2 ounces of milk, and give everything a stir.
- Add 6 ounces of heavy cream and the chocolate chips.
- Mix everything up, so that the ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Now, give your work area a dusting of flour.
- Pull the scones dough out of the bowl, onto the floured area and knead it with your hands until the dough doesn’t stick to your hands.
- You can sprinkle a touch more flour onto the dough, if the dough feels too sticky.
- Pat it out with your hands, or a rolling pin (although this is really unnecessary and just creates an extra dish to wash!) until it is about an inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 sections.
- Place on a baking sheet. You can line this with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to keep clean up a breeze.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for about 25-28 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.