Do you miss Souplantation? Me too! No worries, you can make those famous wild blueberry muffins right in your own kitchen. Try your hand at this Souplantation Copycat Wild Blueberry Muffins recipe.
Souplantation Copycat Wild Blueberry Muffins
The news of Souplantation not reopening is sad for only one reason: not being able to devour an endless buffet of Wild Blueberry Muffins. Throw in some Honey Butter and nothing else was this important at the buffet.
- 2 lbs. all-purpose flour
- 7 oz. wheat flour
- 4 ½ tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 ¼ lbs. granulated sugar
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 6 oz. eggs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. blueberry extract
- 1 ½ lbs. frozen blueberries
- Combine all dry ingredients until evenly mixed and set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Finally, carefully fold the frozen blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Top with your favorite whipped butter.
On March 7, 2020, SanDiegoVille.com reports that “Souplantation Is No More” You can read more about San Diego based restaurant chain not reopening Here.
Thank you Souplantation/SweetTomatoes for sharing this recipe!
Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation) began in San Diego in 1978 by two California surfers who wanted to create a healthy place to eat with endless possibilities. They opened a Restaurant that was committed to using fresh fruit and vegetables, soups, and baked goods made from scratch for their Sweet Tomatoes Recipes.