Nerds rope creates yummy fun by coating a soft, chewy center with tiny, tangy, crunchy confetti-colored Nerds candy for a one-of-a-kind delicious flavor combination. You can buy it straight off the shelf but if you are having trouble finding it you can make your very own with this easy recipe below.
Homemade Nerds Rope Candy
Yields 10-foot-long nerds’ rope
Prep time: 15 minutes
Sit time: about 18-20 hours
Removal of ropes: 10-20 minutes
- Melt the gummy bears in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 30-45 seconds and pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Fold a sheet of aluminum foil to create 5 narrow through like sections (see pic above) and place on a cookie sheet or flat surface.
- Fill each narrow through with Nerd's candy
- Squeeze a line of melted gummy candy over the nerds making a few passes back and forth
- Top gummy candy with more nerds
- Compress the foil sections together packing in the walls around each rope
- Let the ropes set for 18-20 hours allowing gummy candy to solidify and dry.
- Note: I use my Pyrex measuring cup with pour spout to avoid the squeeze bottles.
- Store in an airtight container