These Patriotic Marshmallow Kabobs are perfect for your next Fourth of July party. Easy to make and easy to handle for kids.
Summer usually screams popsicles, ice cream, and lots of other sugar-pumped foods and snacks. Instead of going for the sugar-packed stuff, I can make these treats that are both sweet, yet contain fruit and not feel as guilty. Also, you can always add more fruit and less marshmallows, making them super versatile!
What You Will Need
- 10 Strawberries
- 10 Marshmallows
- 40 Blueberries
- Red, white and blue candy melts
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Pastry bags (or thick ziplock bags)
- Wash and dry fruit.
- Hull strawberries
- Carefully poke a strawberry onto a skewer from the bottom/small side going up to the wider/ top side and slide the strawberry down a bit to make room for the rest.
- Next, add a marshmallow and slide down.
- Finally, add 4 blueberries, sliding down until the top blueberry is covering the point of the skewer.
- Melt candy melts according to directions.
- Add to the pastry bag and tie the top.
- Snip off a small bit of the end of the bag.
- Place the skewers onto a paper plate and decorate each ingredient with a varying color of candy melt.
- Add sprinkles.
- Transfer to a wire rack with a baking sheet beneath.
- Serve immediately.
Note: If the candy melts begin to set while in the pastry bag, place on a plate and microwave for 10 seconds to re-melt. Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Severe and enjoy.
Follow your imagination. Feel free to change the fruit selections to accommodate your taste buds or those of your family and friends. You can also change the theme by simple selecting candy melts and sprinkles to match the desired holiday and/or celebration.