Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies are inspired by everyone’s favorite ice cream turned into a delicious baked cookie. These cookies are packed full of chocolate chips and maraschino cherries for a delightful holiday cookie.
This Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe approximately makes 18 cookies. If you need more simply double the recipe because let’s, be honest, you will devour everyone you make. Serve to your friends and family at your next celebration or holiday.
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ c softened butter
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ c up of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of maraschino cherries, chopped
Note: If you love nuts, you can also mix in a few of your favorites from walnuts to pecans. It is entirely up to you.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or a baking mat.
- Drain the maraschino cherries and allow them to dry on a paper towel.
- Slice the maraschino cherries to your liking and transfer them back to a paper towel. If your cherries aren’t dry they will change the color of your cookies. If you want them to be pink, be sure to skip the drying steps!
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add remaining ingredients in order
- Sweetened condensed milk and blend until creamy.
- Baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt, mix until combined.
- Flour and blend until fully incorporated.
- Chocolate chips and mix for 30 seconds.
- Chopped cherries and blend for 30 seconds.
- Use a cookie scoop to form balls of dough, and drop them 2” apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
Note: Store Your freshly made Cherry Garcia Cookies an airtight container for up to 1 week. (If there are any leftovers).
Your family and friends will love nibbling on these special cookie treats.