Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
These Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect combination of sweet and tart. They’re made with real oranges so that you can taste the freshness in every bite. And with just the right amount of chocolate to make them irresistible. Next time you are in a baking mood, give these Orange Chocolate Chip Breakfast Muffins a try.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Yields: 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 whole oranges
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Take one orange, cut in half and press the juice out of it, reserve.
- You will need to peel the other orange, then slice it into chunks.
- Add egg, sugar, milk, oranges pieces, juice, and butter in another medium bowl. With a hand mixer or a whisk, mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients, mixing as little as possible, just enough to obtain a moist batter.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into silicone or paper-lined muffin pans and bake at 380°F for about 25 minutes.
Can you freeze muffins?
Yes, you can freeze chocolate chip muffins. I recommend storing them on a lined tray, then securing it in a reusable freezer bag. Reheat in the microwave until warm! Breakfast muffins can remain frozen for three months.