Little Blog Big Savings may earn a small commission at no cost to you via affiliate links including Amazon. All deals within this site are Limited Time Offers and are subject to change without notice. Affiliate Disclosure
These Merida’s Brave Sweet Rolls will feed your hungry little darlings with imagination and adventure. Try your hand at baking up Merida’s Brave Sweet Rolls.
Merida’s Brave Sweet Rolls
Sweet Rolls are a copycat recipe of those delicious Scottish treats shown in Brave, a Disney movie that both children and adults love. If your children have watched the movie, they’ll look forward to trying these delicious rolls.
- Yield: 12 rolls
- Prep time: 25 mins
- Elapsed time: 90 mins
- Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Active Dry Yeast (packet)
- 1/2 cup Warm Whole Milk
- 5 tablespoons Bread Flour
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 3 cups Bread Flour (Plus, 1 tbsp.)
- 1 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temp)
- Egg Wash (1 Egg + 1 tsp. Water)
- Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting (Pre-made)
- Maraschino Cherries (Halves)
Optional Orange Glaze
- Add one 1 tsp orange flavoring to 1 cup of store bought vanilla frosting.
- Mix well to incorporate.
- Microwave for 5-10 seconds if it needs to be looser.
- Pour into a piping bag then pipe on top of rolls.
- Add half a cherry to the top of each.
- Let icing firm (about 10 mins) then enjoy.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix yeast, warm milk and 5 tbsp. bread flour
- Cover and let set 10 mins
- Whisk the eggs and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer
- Fit mixer with dough hook attachment and add in 2 cups bread flour on low speed
- Mix and then add salt and remaining bread flour
- Add in butter chunks and knead dough for 2 mins in mixing bowl
- Remove from bowl. Shape dough into a ball and allow to rise covered for 90 mins in a warm place (the back eye on the stove works)
- Punch down the dough and form 12 small rolls
- Place on parchment lined baking tray, cover and proof for 30 mins
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 22-25 mins until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool before icing
- Pipe creamy vanilla icing over each roll and top with half a maraschino cherry
Serve and enjoy!