Luca Pasta Trenette al Pesto
If you are a Disney Pixar fan, this Luca Pasta Trenette al Pesto may look familiar to you. Luca Pasta Trenette al Pesto is an amazing pasta dish he’s discovers at his friend Guilia’s house.
Trenette al Pesto is a unique pasta dish from the Liguria region of northwest Italy that features a thin, flat-shaped pasta with potato, green beans, and pesto. Yum!
The movie follows Luca, Alberto, and Giulia’s story of friendship and adventure in the Italian Riviera. Recently,
This delicious dish is featured in Disney Pixar Film, Luca. In case you have not watched it yet on DisneyPlus, Check out the official trailer below via YouTube. I know you will love it.
Give this recipe a try!
You will be surprised at how easy it is to make and it is the perfect way to introduce new foods to your kids. Especially, if they love Disney Pixar Luca! Best of all, it’s super simple to make and is ready in about 30 minutes!
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 30 Minutes
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan
- 1/2 cup locatelli pecorino romano
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (leave out if allergy to nuts)
- 3 gold potatoes; peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 cups fresh green beans; ends trimmed
- 1 lb trenette pasta ( linguine will work if you cannot find trenette)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus 1 tablespoon
- Place a pasta pot with water on to boil. Add one teaspoon salt and one tablespoon olive oil. Once it starts boiling add the peeled and diced potato to the water. Cook for 4 minutes. Add in pasta. Cook 8 minutes then add in trimmed fresh green beans. Cook until pasta is al dente. Strain pasta but reserve some pasta water to help when mixing the pesto and set aside.
- Either with a mortar and pestle or a food processor. Blend together the one teaspoon salt, basil, garlic, cheeses, 1/2 cup olive oil, and pine nuts. If allergic to nuts just remove the nuts. If it’s too thick add more olive oil.
- In a serving bowl, add about a 1/3 cup pasta water and two heaping spoonful's of pesto. Add pasta, potatoes, and green beans. Toss well.
Your Luca Pasta Trenette al Pesto is now ready. It’s that easy.
Serve and enjoy.
Don’t be surprised if your family ask for seconds, it’s that good! This dish may even become a weekly request at the family dinner table.
This recipe serves 4 or one if you are really, really hungry and you don’t want to share. I recommend making a bigger batch of the pesto sauce if you want extras for later. Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, the pesto will stay good for up to 5 days by itself. After your dish is mixed, I also suggest an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days at most.
To reheat, add a splash of water and heat it in the microwave in 1-minute increments until warm. Or, warm it back up on the stovetop, again with a small splash of water to loosen up the pasta.