Little Blog Big Savings may earn a small commission at no cost to you via affiliate links including Amazon. All deals within this site are Limited Time Offers and are subject to change without notice. Affiliate Disclosure
Okay, here me out! Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding. Yup! I said it. Krispy Kreme. Yum!
Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding
Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding is a great way to utilize that second box of dozens that you thought you would devour at midnight but didn’t. Besides, your family and friends will be shocked when you tell them you made a bread pudding out of Krispy Kreme Donuts.
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 dozen stale Krispy Kreme or any variety glazed donuts
- 1 ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to the 350 degrees
- Chop the stale donuts into chunks and strips and arrange in a baking dish.
- Next, Mix the eggs and the milk.
- Add in brown sugar, salt, vanilla and cream.
- Pour the custard mixture over the stale donuts and let rest for approximately 15 mins.
- Using your whisk, press the donuts into the mixture to make sure every piece is saturated.
- Bake uncovered 45 mins. Once completely baked, top the bread pudding with the glaze.
- Your Krispy Kreme Donut Bread Pudding is now ready. Serve warm and enjoy.
Using thicker glazed donut will yield a very different texture from the light and fluffy Krispy Kreme original and will require a longer cookie time, however both variations are absolutely delicious.
Allowing the donuts to sit at room temperature will help them to stale faster.
Bread pudding rise during the baking process as the custard is absorbed, do not over fill your baking dish
The Glaze is usually the best part and often request more of when served. You might want to make a double batch of glaze just in case when serving. This is a Krispy Kreme Donuts after all.
I enjoy a scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside from time to time. Yum!